Sunday, June 23, 2013

Ombre nails - shades of green


This was fun.  Messy, but lots of fun.  Amazingly easy too!  I love the shading effect, and in real life it looks amazing!  I've had so many comments on how great it looks, I'm an ombre convert!

I painted my nails with the light green base colour, and then painted stripes of the light and dark greens onto a sponge, slightly overlapping to get the blurry effect.  Then it was as simple as sponging the polish onto my nails until I was happy with the colour fade effect.  

Needless to say, I got nail polish everywhere (on me that is, not on the furniture!) and I did go through a fair few cotton buds cleaning up!  I think next time I'd scotch tape my fingers first to reduce the mess (yes, scotch tape: a fantastic cheat for messy techniques!).  The photo is mid-clean up - as you can see I still had to work around my cuticles.  

What do you think?  Any other colour combos you'd like to see?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! All comments are moderated, and will be published within 24 hours.